Masters of Library and Information Science. May 2013
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, N.J. Concentration: Digital Libraries and Preservation
Bachelor of Arts. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, N.J. Major: Journalism and Urban Communications
Cataloging Archivist. LAC Group on a project for HBO April 2019 to September 2022
- Cataloged and wrote summaries of videos for the HBO Sports, HBO Kids, HBO Entertainment, and HBO Documentaries archives using the Veritone digital access management system
- Digitized, catalogued and archived more than 300 hours of the prehistory of On the Media using Adobe Audition, DAVID, and Library of Congress headings
- Wrote summaries of episodes and blog posts about compelling episodes for the NYPR website to publicize the Archives
- Cataloged over 1,300 field recordings from WNYC reporters on diversity, equity, and inclusion topics
- Recruited, scheduled, and managed 200+ volunteers producing audio textbooks for inclusion in the nation’s largest library of accessible educational material for people with a visual impairment or dyslexia
- Scripted print textbook layouts, input metadata, and created navigation structures for conversion to linear audio textbook recording using proprietary software, HTML, and XML
- Provided technical support for computer hardware and software and audio recording hardware and software
- Wrote copy for newsletters, press releases, web sites, e-mails, public service announcements, and other organization communications. Designed newsletters and annual reports. Represented organization for public affairs interviews. Successfully pitched print articles and broadcast segments to media outlets
- Assisted in the creation of VoiceText, an accessible audio/ebook hybrid, helping create improved production workflows and software upgrades
- Managed remote volunteer recording program
- Designed layout and worked with printers to produce an annual literary journal
- Edison Arts Society Artist of the Month, Spring 2004.
- Wrote copy for print and broadcast advertisements, promotional videos, public service announcements, and other communications targeted to consumers and vendors
- Supervised copy staff
- Provided support for a desktop publishing network
- Assisted in the digitization archiving of a large line art collection
- Assisted in training and support for Apple OS, QuarkXPress, Adobe Photoshop, and other desktop publishing applications
- Conducted interviews and wrote and produced content for a news-oriented radio station
- New Jersey Professional Librarian Certification
- American Library Association
- Rutgers University Chapter of Beta Phi Mu, The International Library and Information Studies Honor Society
Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX, Apple iOS, Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Apple Pages, Volgistics, Audacity, Sound Forge, Adobe Audition, DAVID, Cavafy, and Wazee
Experience with online reference databases including EBSCO, Gale, and others
Experienced in preserving print and audio materials in sustainable digital formats
Familiarity with PBCore, Library of Congress and Dewey classification and cataloging standards
Website creation using Weebly, Dreamweaver, Omeka, HTML, XML, CSS, and Flash. Examples include: St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Tony Gruenewald.com
Designed books and newsletters using QuarkXPress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Word including The Secret History of New Jersey by Tony Gruenewald, When the Gods Play Hide and Seek by Gina Larkin and St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church's newsletter Epistle.
(2003, February). Learning through listening: Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic unlocks the curriculum for learning disabled students. NJEA Review, 76(6):14-15.
(2018, September 21). “Something blew up under the World Trade Center”. [Blog post]. Retrieved from www.wnyc.org/story/something-blew-under-world-trade-center/
(2018, September 21). “On the Media’s Big Bang”. [Blog post]. Retrieved from www.wnyc.org/story/medias-big-bang
(2018, September 21). “Whatever happened to Ice-T?”. [Blog post]. Retrieved from www.wnyc.org/story/whatever-happened-ice-t
(2018, September 21). “On the Entrance Ramp to the Information Superhighway”. [Blog post]. Retrieved from www.wnyc.org/story/entrance-ramp-information-superhighway
(2019, January 25). "The Longest Shutdown Before the Longest Shutdown". [Blog post]. Retrieved from https://www.wnyc.org/story/longest-shutdown-longest-shutdown
(2009) The Secret History of New Jersey. Red Bank, NJ: Northwind.
(2021) Honk, American Fork, Utah: Kelsay Books.